Full-time (38.5 hours/week), at Pro2Future GmbH in Graz (TU Graz, Campus Inffeldgasse)
Design, implementation and evaluation of a model-based information system for automotive product design processes. Together with an internationally successful industrial partner in the automotive industry, we investigate how technologies from the World Wide Web, the Semantic Web and linked data as well as logic-based planning can be applied to autonomously plan testing procedures within automotive product design processes. This project should form the core and set the general domain of a PhD thesis in Computer Science.
The successful candidate will be engaged in the design, implementation and evaluation of Web-based information systems. To this end, we require you to already have (basic) skills and are passionate about one or more of the following domains: information systems; Web technologies; Semantic Web; Linked Data; AI planning. Broader experience in the field of artificial intelligence and software development (in particular Web applications) are also of advantage. The successful candidate seeks ambitious work with a direct real-world impact in industry-driven research and is particularly striving to obtain a PhD in Computer Engineering under supervision of Prof. Dr. Kay Römer at the Graz University of Technology.
The successful candidate will work within an interdisciplinary project team consisting of experts including the industrial partners, project management and scientific partners. The candidate will play a major role in shaping and executing the project’s research agenda. Project work will also involve collaboration and knowledge exchange with other Pro²Future partners, several associated international research groups, representation of Pro²Future at international scientific events and participation in the international research community.
- A university-level Master’s degree in computer science, information systems, information science, mechatronics, telematics, mathematics, or related studies.
- Fluent English, written and spoken. German is appreciated, at least willingness to learn German.
- The opportunity to work in a young, dynamic, creative and collaborative team with strong ethos of mentorship and professional development as well as a focused publication agenda.
- The opportunity to align your PhD research with an industrial research project
- A collegial and supportive environment to establish yourself and your scientific career
- A full-time gross salary of 2,819 Euro per month (14 times a year).
Pro2Future GmbH is an equal opportunity and family-friendly employer. We particularly welcome applications from women and international candidates.